is ati 64 supported in woody XF4 ?

sorry for my dumbness (and my bad english), but i still haven't understand
if ati rage lt pro of 1999 Walstreet Powerbooks is supported in debian XF
4.0.1g

situation:

powerbook g3/233 "wallstreet"
kernel 2.2.18pre21 (paulus kernel)
xserver-xfree86 4.0.1-10
atyfb video line in BootX

when i use fbdev as video driver, all ok (but non accellerated)

when i try to use "ati" as video driver, the machine crashes hardly (no
alt+ctrl+backspace, no alt+ctrl+fn, not reachable via net, etc. need to
reboot with c+meta+power)

[..]

(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libscanpci.a
(--) PCI: (0:17:0) ATI Mach64 LP rev 220, Mem @ 0x82000000/24,
0x82fff000/12, I/O @ 0x0400/8

[..]

(II) ATI: ATI driver (version 6.2.0) for chipsets: ati
(II) R128: Driver for ATI Rage 128 chipsets: ATI Rage 128 RE (PCI),
        ATI Rage 128 RF (AGP), ATI Rage 128 RG (AGP), ATI Rage 128 RK (PCI),
        ATI Rage 128 RL (AGP), ATI Rage 128 Pro PF (AGP),
        ATI Rage 128 Mobility LE (PCI), ATI Rage 128 Mobility LF (AGP),
        ATI Rage 128 Mobility MF (AGP), ATI Rage 128 Mobility ML (AGP)
(II) RADEON: Driver for ATI Radeon chipsets: ATI Radeon QD (AGP),
        ATI Radeon QE (AGP), ATI Radeon QF (AGP), ATI Radeon QG (AGP)
(WW) ATI:  PCI/AGP Mach64 in slot 0:17:0 could not be detected!
(EE) No devices detected.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

is my ati card supported in this package and i'm just missing something or
should i try to use Ani Joshi xfree86-pmac tree as from
http://penguinppc.org/usr/xf4/ ?

best regards
Igor

--