Re: I cannot install Potato on a 7600

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 10:27:12AM +0100, Kovacs I. Zoltan wrote:
> Ethan Benson wrote:
> > scsi disk i presume, my guess is the debian kernel is missing the
> > necessary scsi driver, all it should take is making a new boot disk
> > with a kernel compiled in with the right driver...
>
> My problem is that my friends are running only on i386 architecture.
>

> > can you get a dmesg output from both the linuxppc kernel and the
> > debian kernel?  that would help in confirming this.
>
> Ok, i send the dmesgs attached.

this is strange, both kernels do support the proper scsi drivers, and
drow's is detecting your cdrom but missing the hard disk, i don't
understand why this is happening...  i bounced your message to the
list to see if someone else has an idea...

i would reccommend trying the 2.2.20 boot floppies, im not sure if
they are online yet, they should be soon as they go along with potato
r2.  they use kernel 2.2.18pre21 and fix many bugs, maybe they will
resolve this.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/