Re: powersaving on NW iMac?

You wrote
> There _might_ be a way to turn the screen ON or OFF but that's definitely
> not sure ;)

I understand that.  Fortunately, this machine isn't on the net
so I can live with booting into OSX for long runs but...

> If it's an "old style" iMac, which has no real deep sleep, then there
> may be some hope. On a Core99 machine, I'm afraid it may not be
> possible. All I have in mind that could be tried is to put the video
> controller to suspend mode via PCI power management.
>
> What is the /proc/cpuinfo of this your box ?

As said, a Ruby (the one without DVD, on principles):

processor	: 0
cpu		: 750
temperature 	: 0 C
clock		: 400MHz
revision	: 131.0
bogomips	: 797.90
zero pages	: total 0 (0Kb) current: 0 (0Kb) hits: 0/390 (0%)
machine		: PowerMac2,2
motherboard	: PowerMac2,2 MacRISC Power Macintosh
L2 cache	: 512K unified
memory		: 128MB
pmac-generation	: NewWorld

ralf