Re: floppy low-level format

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 10:30:31AM -0700, Jeremiah Merkl wrote:

> actually, I think the "eject" command actually works to spit out
> floppies...but then I may remember that wrong...

In general, `eject' works.  Not only does it spit out floppies, zip
disks, and CDs, but `eject -t' closes the CD tray.  So what you have
actually said is correct, though what you are thinking may not be.
You seem to forget that eject unmounts things before ejecting them.

> The device busy could be that you havn't unmounted the drive since
> you ejected the disk.

Nope.  The drive was not mounted, as both /etc/mtab and /proc/mounts
agree.  It would not have made much sense for superformat to have
mounted the drive.  But somehow, somewhere, it tagged the drive as
being `in use'.

--
John (MacPhail) .. .. .. .. .. .. References: \ & (Perl, C/C++)