Re: floppy low-level format

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 02:12:51PM +0100, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> Sure, and knows of no other architecture. Or all the Debian
> porting machines had floppies disabled. Someone using an iMac as build
> machine?

superformat builds on powerpc, it just does not do anything useful.
the boot-floppies build process from doing a quick grep appears to
never use it except in dbootstrap for making a boot floppy, which does
not work on powerpc and never has.  (for reasons beyond superformat i
think)

> It's still broken on m68k, and I've files a bug because of that,
> mentioning powerpc in passing. My Powerbook sure has no floppy drive
> either. Anyone with a Powermac, a floppy drive and superformat to test?

ok

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/