Re: Removing UseFBDev

Jonathan Lane wrote:

> Ok, I removed "UseFBDev" and it didn't make a difference.
> X still reports an error trying to read V_BIOS, and the
> screen once again went blank and I was forced to reboot.
>
> Any more suggestions?
>
> -j

It will report an error every time, that's normal, that's on my system:
cat /var/log/XFree86.0.log | grep -i bios
(EE) r128(0): Cannot read V_BIOS (4)
(--) r128(0): BIOS at 0x90020000

Try removing (and saving them somewhere) the Modelines you have for the
screen, XFree should be able to get the information by itself (deducing
it from the frequencies).

BTW, what framebuffer are you using for the console ?

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net