How to create Modeline and Mode in XF86Config file (was re : Can't start X)

> You need to edit the timings in the Monitor section.
>
> If you want to use the same mode as in console, you can either use 'fbset -x'
> to get a mode definition for it or just enter "current" as a mode in the
> XF86Config Screen Section.
>
> Michel

Ok, now, I can launch X in 1024x768, like in the console ! Thanks.

But I like to have X in greater definition (I have a 20" monitor), like
1280x1024 (64 kHz, 60 Hz) for exemple.

But I dont know how to do that. Which numbers to put on Modeline and
Mode section ???

Thanks

--
Olof