Re: XF4 on Mach64 and 2.2 kernel?

Adam C Powell IV wrote:

> I just took the plunge and upgraded to XF4 this morning, on my StarMax
> 3000 with Mach64 VT.

> There are a few things I could try (a 2.4 kernel, a few XF86Config
> tweaks, etc.), but wanted to know if Mach64 is known to work at all

On my machine (a PowerMac 4400) with a Mach64  VT running in 16-bit
color, the screen is unreadable if you don't have the endianess fixes in
Linux 2.4, or the unbroken 2.1.125 kernel.

XFree86 4.0 ati driver started without a problem on my machine, although
it crashes hard my machine after a bit of use.

The fbdev driver is a bit more stable, but it leaves large black
sploches on the screen, after dragging around windows.

So, you mileage may very. Good luck, let me know how far you get.

Andrew B. Arthur
aarthur@imaclinux.net