<no subject>

i have gone through the base install booting from the floppies as i cant
seem to boot from the CDs and once it is installed i cant get linux to boot
from the HD i have tried yaboot, quik, and trying to boot through the open
firmware but none of these methods work and i think there might be an
incompatibility with debian and the PB 3400 trying to boot from the HD

i have tried with both keeping 2.0 kernel compatibility and without keeping
it

when booting from the open firmware using "make bootable directly from hard
disk" i get quik boot promt:
boot:

but to even get quik to load i need to do a
setenv boot-device ata0/ata-disk@0,0:4
as 4 is my root partition, 2 is my bootstrap partition for when i tried
yaboot and 3 is my swap and i need to have it boot to the open firmware i
cant let it auto boot or the machine never starts up...

if i type /vmlinux i get:
Read error on block 1651470196
Read error on block 1651470196
Image not found.... try again
boot:

if i type /boot/vmlinux-2.2.17 i get:
(the spinning line)
(screen blacks as if going into linux)
(goes white back to OF)
... ok
copying OF device tree...done
Initing fake screen
DEFAULT CATCH!, code=FFF00300 at   %SRR0: 00201008   %SRR1: 00003070
  ok
0 >

if there is any other specific information that you need i can try to get
it....