q. concerning ibook install

I don't know if this message will get through, as the Starmax
has been degrading in performance lately (the linux side crashes
intermittently, as does the mac side, which also attaches the wrong
date to emails), but I thought I'd ask:

Is there any way of installing linux onto an ibook without the use
of the installation CD's? I don't have a network, either, unfortunately,
nor do I have high-speed internet access (I might wind up getting it,
though).

I've thought of paying someone to download and burn it for me, but
that may prove more cumbersome than I originally thought.

Any suggestions? My credit card has finally been charged, and it's
supposed to be on the way... and I need the linux stuff for work,
just as much as the mac stuff.

Phil
pgf@globalreach.net