Partitioning hd on Dual G4 with pdisk

Title: Partitioning hd on Dual G4 with pdisk
Hi all,

Did someone used pdisk on a Dual G4 ?

Here is the problem:
I've 3 hds in this machine (2 ata, 1 scsi), all have been formatted with Drive Setup (coming with OS 9.04 , any other vers of Drive Setup wont run on that G4).
I'm trying to find the way to install LinuxPPC or Debian on this machine, so first of all I've to format one partition with pdisk.
But here is its output:

Top level command (? for help): L
ATAPI - unit not ready
pdisk: can't open file '/dev/ata0.0'
ATA - couldn't get info
pdisk: can't open file '/dev/ata0.1'
ATA - couldn't get info
pdisk: can't open file '/dev/ata1.0'
ATA - couldn't get info
pdisk: can't open file '/dev/ata1.1'
pdisk: can't open file '/dev/scsi0.0'
pdisk: can't open file '/dev/scsi0.1'
pdisk: can't open file '/dev/scsi0.2'
pdisk: can't open file '/dev/scsi0.3'
pdisk: can't open file '/dev/scsi0.4'
pdisk: can't open file '/dev/scsi0.5'
pdisk: can't open file '/dev/scsi0.6'

ATAPI - unit not ready, that's ok, there is no cd in it.
If iI insert for example Darwin or MOSXS CDs or Mac OS 8.6, I can read thier partition maps but if I try with MKlinux DR3 cd it wont work... ???

Untill now I've been using pdisk on my old beige G3 which is running OS 9.04, MkLinux and MOSXS 1.2 on 1 ATA & 2 SCSI.
Typing "L",  I then got the partition map of each hd. I tought I could have same result on the Dual G4 since I'm running the same 9.04 OS... It seems I was wrong :-(

What to do ?
Is one yet running LinuxPPC or Debian-powerpc on that newworld machine ?

Thanks, Yann

Yann Le Guen    <yann.le-guen@wanadoo.fr>
gsm:            06 86 67 86 86