Re: ppc vs. i386

Hi,

I'm interested in these figures.

Matthias

Michael Schmitz wrote:

> > debian ppc is slow compared to debian i386
>
> So what? Debian/i386 is slow compared to Debian/alpha I guess. Debian on a
> 386 sure is hell of a lot slower than Debian on my G3/400. What exactly is
> your point here?
>
> If you're interested (and not just trolling) I can give you some CPU
> benchmarks run with a floating point intensive number crunching
> application to compare a G3/400 with a range of Intel machines (PI/233 to
> PIII/500 currently).
>
> > what do u think about...?
>
> I'm sooooo glad I don't have to cope with crap like BIOS or Lilo on PPC,
> I'd gladly take a minor performance hit of 6-12%.
>
>         Michael
>
> --

Matthias Pfisterer	<mailto:Matthias.Pfisterer@gmx.de>

        Share your knowledge.
        It's a way to achieve immortality.

                 (from a nepalese mantra)

Java Sound Examples:
http://rupert.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/~pfistere/jsexamples/
Tritonus, the open source implementation of the Java Sound API:
http://www.tritonus.org/