Breakthroughs! But need help with logon dialog box...

Okay, I have X up and running on my PowerBook G3 (Wallstreet). And I have my choice of a couple of window managers. Many thanks to the select few who took the time to give me some good suggestions...but it's still a lot of guesswork. Maybe I should put something together telling exactly what worked for me...

But overall, I'm getting happy, happy, happy...

But I have a small annoyance. When the initial dialog box appears where you type in your user name and password, it isn't shown completely on the screen. The only thing that shows are the labels where you're supposed to type (but no text entry boxes) along with the cursor in the initial position for the user name field. To top it off, it doesn't respond to the mouse click to move from one entry field to another, nor does the <tab> key work to switch from field to field. I end up moving from the user name field to the password field by hitting shift-option-F1 and the cursor moves to the appropriate spot.

How the heck did I figure that one out? Trial and error and a lot of frustration!

Can anyone out there suggest a way to fix this so it works properly?

By the way, tonight I plan to try to get my 3-button ADB mouse to work with the system. Right now I'm emulating the other two mouse buttons...

Chris
--
The plan was simple.  Unfortunately, so was Bullwinkle.