Re: report on iMacDV/iBook SE (was Re: Installing Debian on an Imac DV)

On Fri, Oct 06, 2000 at 12:08:15PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> Branden Robinson wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 09:59:01AM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > > Of course. I was just wondering if and how the DRI stuff is currently
> > > integrated in your packages. I see the *_dri.so modules are in the
> > > xserver-xfree86 package - they are useless without libGL though, so
> > > wouldn't they rather belong there?
> >
> > I've decided to put all XFree86 server modules in the xserver-xfree86
> > package as a tactic to prevent bug reports about being unable to find a
> > module package, or "THE X SURVUR SHOULD DEPEND ON THE XYZ SURVUR MODULE
> > BECAUSE SURVUR IZ BROKEN ON MY BOX W1THOUT THE XYZ MODULE. D00D!!1!1!"
> > (I get lots of bug reports like this, because of course every single
> > computer in the world is identical.)
>
> However, these aren't server modules. They are loaded by libGL for direct
> rendering. So I think the xlibgl1 package is the logical place for them.

Oh; this I didn't know, not yet knowing much about DRI.  I'll re-examine
this.

--
G. Branden Robinson            |     You should try building some of the
Debian GNU/Linux               |     stuff in main that is modern...turning