Re: 3 button mice and the Powerbook

"CI" == Chris Ivanovich <creature@blacklagoon.org> writes:

   CI> One glaring question that I have is, where can I get a 3
   CI> button serial mouse that I can use with my Mac?  I'd rather
   CI> have the correct serial connector on the mouse rather than
   CI> have to use a PC serial -> Mac serial converter cable.

Why would you buy a serial mouse when you have an ADB or USB port?
I highly recommend trackballs over mice -- my Kensington
TurboMouse (ADB) is still my favorite input device ever, with four
(plus a chord) buttons.  I haven't been able to figure out how to
get the fourth button or the chord to work, but I haven't really
needed to, either.

   CMC

If I can find an ADB 3-button mouse, so much the better. I'd rather go that route and leave my serial port clear for attaching my Palm or ReB.

And, yes, I'm a big trackball fan. But the price is too high for the trackball, and they tend to be bulkier than I want to carry around. A regular mouse would be just great...

Still open to suggestions, and thanks for the help,

Chris
--
The plan was simple.  Unfortunately, so was Bullwinkle.