Re: boot-floppy-hfs.img

On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 09:54:55PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> > Um, Dan, this is getting confusing.  The Dan to whom Ethan Benson sent
> > that long ago message was not even you, was it?  And I was certainly
> > not trying to make a point about CD images, not having seen any of
> > them.  However, I am pleased to hear that even this small point was
> > got right on the CD images.  It is only in the last couple of weeks
> > that I finally have the opportunity to try Debian.  Let me take a few
> > seconds off from my irritating newbie questions, to say that I am very
> > impressed with what you have done.
>
> Yes, it was me.  And thank you :)

yes i was just quoting the original message i had sent a long time
ago, i was up far too late and neglected to delete that irrlevant
section, sorry Dan! i know you fixed the CDs long ago ;-)

> I've thought about putting up MacBinary versions of the disk images; it
> probably won't happen for 2.2r1 and will happen on the next major
> release.

its just annoying since you really have to post two versions since
macbinary files are a pain when the user is trying to make the floppy
on a DOS or *nix box.  (yes i am aware of various macbinary tools on
these platforms, they are rarely standard items of the base system
which means one would have to go find, download, compile, install said
util just to make a bloody floppy)

<rant> if disc copy was not so broken it would not care what the
fscking type was and would just write the raw file to the floppy
without bitching </rant>

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/