Re: Yikes G4/400Mhz freezes at init

On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 10:55:32PM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > /etc/yaboot.conf and then running ybin/mkofboot does not seem to update this
> > line on the bootstrap partition! i had to mount the bootstrap partition and
> > edit it by hand.
>
> ybin (without mkofboot) sure updates yaboot.conf properly for me.
> Something's wrong with your ybin. You did run it as root?

ybin is quite good about reporting errors, i don't think it will ever
silently fail (well maybe if you ran ybin > /dev/null 2>&1 but...)

two things most likely wrong:

you didn't edit /etc/yaboot.conf (but a copy somewhere else)

/etc/yaboot.conf has the wrong device listed for boot=

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/