Re: 2.4.0-test6 ppp trouble

On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 08:45:11AM -0400, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> Michel Dänzer wrote:

> > Have you tried an earlier 2.3/4 kernel? I've been using ppp 2.3.11 with that
> > series of kernels without problems.
>
> Really?  I've had this problem since the first 2.3 kernel I could get to boot,
> which was around 2.3.3x.  Someone told me it was a ppp problem, that I needed
> 2.4.0 so I waited for the new package to appear.
>
> Could this be a stock kernel issue (vs. Paul or benh etc.)?  I'm using the
> kernel.org sources.
>
> This is the only thing keeping me from using a 2.4 kernel full-time... :-)

I have found the stock 2.4.x kernel comes and goes as to whether or not it
works with PPC.  I have had best results syncing up with the bitkeeper
respository at fsmlabs (Paul's webpage has a reference to it).  It seems to
have the pmac support in it now, and it usually works.

I have found the 2.4.0 kernels sometimes don't even build for ppc, and
sometimes panic on boot.

My only stopper for 2.4 full time is Mol.

Dave Brown