Re: booting 500 MHz G4 from cd?

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Michel [iso-8859-1] Dänzer wrote:

> Have you tried typing the image/label name before video=ofonly? Maybe it
> interprets 'video=ofonly' as the image name...

I knew it was trivial ... now I did:

boot: debian video=ofonly

and it booted into the installer. Great. So there is a problem with the
video card, I guess that means I can't expect too much success with X
either. Any hints here? Do I need a different kernel, a different X,
e.g. XFree 4, to get X to go? I am perfectly happy with installing the
system via consoles, so I don't need graphics during the installation.

cheers, Stefan

---Stefan Kluth---------------Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter-----------
-  MPI fuer Physik         -  phone:  +49 89 32354 468  -      OPAL&  -
-  Foehringer Ring 6       -  fax:    +49 89 32354 305  -      ATLAS  -
---D-80805 Munich, Germany----e-mail: skluth@mppmu.mpg.de--------------