Re: install potato on ibook: yaboot problems

On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 10:16:05AM -0500, James Sasitorn wrote:
> Anyone have any luck installing potato on an ibook? I partitioned my ibook
> using the MacOs9 disc format utility. I installed debian using a burned
> potato cd. I couldnt get yaboot configured properly. Eventually, I did get
> the linux icon to show on the boot manager (hold ctrl), but when you choose
> it, it simply reloads the boot manager.. What does that mean? Does anyone
> have a working ibook? Can you send me a fdisk dump and a yaboot.conf?

please look over the yaboot-faq and the partitioning tutorial i have
at http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/doc/

i suspect your bootstrap parititon was not created properly, as the
macos disk partitioner is deficient.  you need to create the bootstrap
and linux partitions with the linux mac-fdisk.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/