No Sound? was Re: Xpmac = no adbmouse?

At 10:53 PM +0200 8/17/2000, Michel Dänzer wrote:
unit3 wrote:
http://linuxppc.org/usr/xf4/

AFAIK it should work fine as long as your kernel doesn't have a broken atyfb.

It appears to be working fine for Xpmac, but that's really no judge I guess.

PS: X 4 debs shouldn't be too far away, and Dan is trying to merge Ani's CVS
stuff into those, so it might be worth waiting.

Oh, if there's debs coming soon I'll just wait.. I mean, I just got X
working, I'm not in that much of a hurry to break it again.

Onto another question though, it appears the sound support on my
machine is nonexistant, in fact /dev/dsp is totally missing! Is this
a kernel issue, or was some sound configuration program not run
properly, or what? Also, any hits towards getting my mouse buttons
mapped properly (left=left and right=right instead of left=left and
right=middle) would also be appreciated.

Thanks,
Graeme
--
"It really is coming down to just Apple and IBM. If, for some reason,
we make some giant mistake and IBM wins, my personal feeling is that