Re: debian-powerpc: XFree v4.0x tarballs/debs.

On Tue, Aug 15, 2000 at 07:26:14AM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 05:38:59PM -0500, Brendan Simon wrote:
> > If no debs or deb-src, then where are the latest tarballs for
> > powerpc-linux ?  Has anybody installed 4.0.1 (or later) ?  Any
> > problems ?
>
> There are debs around, but they are still work in progress, and branden
> robinson don't want us to use them yet. So wait a bit unitl they are released
> and use some tarball from another source until then.

What you say is not strictly true.  I *do* want people to test my phase1
.debs, but only if they are willing to grit their teeth and deal with
potentially big problems.

In any case, the point is moot right now because I only have phase1 .debs
available for i386 right now.  I need to resync with Dan Jacobowitz for
powerpc, and there's a build problem on sparc I need to figure out.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |
Debian GNU/Linux                |                It tastes good.