Re: Does debian PPC support this system?

I've got the desktop version of this computer (including the same cd-rw drive). I only have 128mb of memory. I had it running LinuxPPC 2000 with GNOME so I imagine Debian will run. I did not burn any cd's on it so can't comment if the cd-rw worked correctly (it did work as a cd reader).

If it's the same as mine there is an OEM Adaptec SCSI card driving the HD, I had problems with this card a long time before moving to Linux and replaced it with an OrangeMicro card. OrangeMicro is not supported under Linux so I had to plug the HD into the on-board (SLOW) MESH interface to boot linux.

Adaptec is supported under the Linux kernel, but I was never able to firmware upgrade the card -- so I'm not sure it is fully supported. (Adaptec's updater kept identifing it as an OEM card and refusing to run saying "talk to your system supplier" but PowerComputing was out of business already)

hth,
kevin