random mol 603e kernel questions

Hi. I would like to run mac-on-linux, but I have a 603e and
apparently need a specially patched kernel in order to run
it. The patches that came with the mol package unfortunately
don't apply to the kernel sources that are available for
debian.

For that matter, the last time I tried the kernel I compiled,
it didn't really work; I got a few lines of text, and then
the screen froze. I could hear the drive going through the
startup sequence though, and when I typed in "root,"
my root password, and "reboot," it rebooted. I figure
I configured something wrong wrt the console or something.

Do I need a framebuffer driver if I'm running Xpmac?

Phil
pgf@globalreach.net

ps: Thanks in advance for any help!