Re: Questions about install procedure

I'm attempting install on a Beige G3 desktop with an xrl8 466mhz cpu. It has an
IDE drive, a scsi-2 drive, and a ultra2W on a pci controller. I've been trying
to use BootX, which cant find the livefilesysytem and then drops me into the
Redhat installer which can't find the packages to install. I have this problem
with both the downloaded files from ftp.us.debian.org and also from the LinuxPPC
1999 cd I have. Does any of this have to do with the fact that my cd is not
scsi? And if so how do I adjust either BootX or whatever to allow the installer
to recognize the cd drive (ATAPI)? Thanks for the various replies.
Hahn Rossman