[OT] Re: Open Firmware booting on Blue G3

At 00:12 -0400 1999-08-12, Tom Rini wrote:
Such a new OF that Linux needs to be fixed. :)  BTW, the OF-script apple
requires can be generated by the mknote program in arch/ppc/someplace.
But, we have some other issues to deal with.

mknote hard-codes the chrpboot values in the .note section for one thing, ideally we'd just set all of the .note section's values to -1 thus telling OF to use the ELF headers to get them, and have the .note section standard in vmlinux.

Also, the .note section is not the same as Apple's "bootscript", the bootscript thing is a MacOS-specific thing that no other OS need be concerned with.
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                    Debian GNU/Linux Developer
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                 <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>