Re: iMac kernel?

On 15/11/99 David Welton wrote:

Looking for a kernel image to netboot an iMac with...

i don't think there is one, iMac (and any colored mac) OF requires a header in the elf note section, without which OF will barf, the NetBSD kernel is OF bootable so all it really would take is figuring out what the note needs to have and add one to a linux kernel...

Any suggestions?

Eventually, I'd like to run the whole thing off of a netboot (ie, NFS
mounted root), so that I can get rid of the OS from Cupertino.

anyone want to add ext2fs support to poof (Prisoner Of OpenFirmware) ? it will apparently boot linux kernels from OF but only if they are on a OF readable partition, yuk...

Best Regards,
Ethan Benson
To obtain my PGP key: http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/pgp/