Re: latest screen doesn't work with mklinux
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: latest screen doesn't work with mklinux
- From: Joel Klecker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 09:08:57 -0800
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <19991105215636.A290@zero>
- References: <19991105215636.A290@zero>
At 21:56 -0500 1999-11-05, Tom Vier wrote:
the latest version of screen doesn't work with mklinux. it clears the screen
then prints '[screen is terminating]' and exits.
i can't seem to get a strace on it (it blocks at 'getdents(3, '), but it
i assume it's looking for ptys in /dev/ptys/ and not finding any (since mk
is still 2.0).
2.9.5-3 should not have a problem allocating ptys on any system,
since it uses the getpt() function, which properly falls back to
BSD-style ptys if UNIX98-style ptys are not available.
Joel Klecker (aka Espy) Debian GNU/Linux Developer