Which kernel are people using?

Hi,

Which kernel are people using?  I tried to run 2.2.12 from the official
linux tree, but it always enters in a loop, resetting the SCSI controller,
and never finishes booting. The controller card is a ncr53c810.

At the moment I'm running 2.2.7 which I got from (I think, it's been a while)
ftp.ppc.kernel.org.
It's working fine, so there is no upgrade paranoia, however I wouldn't like
these old machines being left behind (considering all the talk I've been
hearing about G4's and such stuff, lately :)

I'm using a IBM 43P (I think).  Anyhow, cat /proc/cpuinfo reports this:

processor       : 0
cpu             : 604
clock           : 95MHz
revision        : 3.4
bogomips        : 199.07
zero pages      : total 0 (0Kb) current: 0 (0Kb) hits: 0/1033 (0%)
machine         : PReP IBM 8xx (Carolina)
Upgrade CPU
L2              : not present
simms           : 0:16M 1:16M

Many thanks for any information,