Re: where is xfree?

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Hugh Caley wrote:

> I cannot start X using either bpp 16 or bpp 24.  bpp 15 seems to work fine. bpp
> 32 starts up OK, but has the problems the earlier X server had with this color
> depth, i.e. some applications will not start in this mode such as Lyx, GNUstep,
> etc.

If you can't run at 16, then you aren't really 16, you're really 15.
That's fine & expected.  The 24 part worries me a bit tho:
1) Does the same config file do depth 24 under Kevins but NOT mine.
2) Are you using Xautoconfig (and at a diff depth then 24 when being run?)

---
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/