RES: HURD on ppc

De: Chris Baker [mailto:cbaker@adrenalin.com]

> Is anyone working on/thinking of porting HURD to powerpc?

	I follow the HURD kernel cousin bulletin... what I've read there is
that Hurd for now is strictly x86, even if it is being made with portability
in mind.  The ultimate goal is that Hurd's microkernel, modular architecture
will make it even more portable and scalable than the Linux kernel.

	Also it seems that people are thinking of changing gnumach for
something else as a microkernel.  This could delay the porting into other
platforms.

Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra
Amdocs (Brasil) Ltda