PAM advantages?

Yesterday my PAM apps got broken once again (probably due to a not upgraded
libpam-modules, I only realized that later) , I couldn't su or even login
anymore. So I decided to remove pam-apps.

What's so good about PAM at all?

Michel

--
Death is just Nature's way of saying, "Hey! You're not alive anymore!"
Michel Dänzer                             ///           mdaenzer@earthling.net