Re: KDE 1.1.2

Frank Petzold wrote:

> I have tried to build KDE 1.1.2 yesterday, but it failed. I was able to build
> kdesupport and kdelibs, but the configure script of kdebase failed while it
> tried to compile a "small KDE application" to locate the paths. I once hat
> this problem on m68k, too. There it seemed to be a Qt problem.
>
> Was someone able to build the KDE?

To date, I have never been able to build all of KDE cleanly. Their
'distribution' 'stable' .tar.gz's are anything but. They're missing
files. My recommendation, as always, is to just forget about KDE for the
most part. The non-package-format files appear to be poorly maintained,
and it's fairly x86-centric.

-prj