Re: gcc 2.95.1 safe to use?

John Whitley wrote:

> Someone whose attribution got lost in the shuffle wrote:
>  > PowerPC is now completely broken, as the old binutils won't accept the
>  > target requested by gcc 2.95.1.
>
> On a vaguely related topic, is gcc 2.95.1 safe to use for compiling
> kernels yet?  I've put my gcc related packages on hold until I can
> find reliable confirmation that kernel building will work with the new
> gcc.

I build all my kernels with 2.95.1 or 2.95.0 with binutils 2.9.5.0.10-1.
No problem so far. But this is done under LinuxPPC. I'm on the way to
add these tools to my debian first installation. A bit tricky since I'm
used to play with rpm's. Lot's of packages seems to miss on my installation.

Maybe only a less useful hint, but gcc-2.95.x works for ppc quite well.

Andreas