Re: console-apt

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Christian Meder wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 02:39:27PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > Chris, any thoughts on a non-experimental upload of binutils in the
> > near future?  Powerpc is somewhat broken at present.
>
> Chris wrote on the debian-alpha list that he's preparing for hurricane
> Floyd and will resurface afterwards (Wednesday or Thursday).
>
> I wish him good luck.

Thanks to all who wished me luck :-)  Floyd slid right by us and the most
my apartment got was a 30km/h wind gust :-)

I'll work on a new release this weekend and will follow with a notice for
testing (rather than upload to experimental).  I'm hoping this latest
version from HJ Lu will fix some outstanding Sparc and Alpha issues that
have been holding up a new upload.