Telnet help

alright. in.telnetd is annoying me.

When I try to telnet into my machine, all I get on the client side is
"telnetd: All network ports in use."

however, when I run in.telnetd on console as root, I get the message:
# in.telnetd
in.telnetd: getpeername: Socket operation on non-socket
#

Does anyone understand this? I can't seem to track down where this error
is coming from, nor have I any idea where to even start.

Once again, I'm probably the only one experiencing this, so I'm rather
hesitant to submit a bug...I also checked the bug reports and there
aren't any listed....

I'm at a loss. Anyone?

-Jeremiah Merkl