Re: in.rshd vanished, and sound on powerstack

On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 11:38:52PM +0200, christian mock wrote:
> hi,
>
> I noticed that in.rshd vanished from the last update of whatever
> package it's supposed to be in... (well, switching to ssh now).

netkit-rsh was split out from netstd.  netstd was updated removing your
rlogin/rsh utilities.  netstd suggests rsh-client to replace them but it
is sitting in incoming.  I grabbed the source from incoming and did a
powerpc upload.  Since these are new packages for the repository they will
lag a week behind the autoupdated netstd package.

I've placed the rsh-client/rsh-server powerpc packages at
http://www.debian.org/~porter/download/

Switching to ssh is not a real solution when I have to access Slowaris and
AIX boxes that are maintained by others behind our firewall at work.  rsh
is plenty of security in that environment.

--
Matt Porter
mmporter@home.com