Re: Screenblank powerdown LCD display?

On Tue, Sep 7, 1999, John Whitley <whitley@cse.Buffalo.EDU> wrote:

>Hmm.. no go.  I'm using frame buffer acceleration in combination with
>the ATI Rage LT Pro in my PB G3/400, and XF68_FBDev on top of that.
>
>Relevant output of 'xset q':
>
>Screen Saver:
>  prefer blanking:  yes    allow exposures: yes
>[.. deletia ...]
>DPMS (Energy Star):
>  Display is not capable of DPMS
>
>I have tried using the "setvesablank" program, with no effect.
>All the screen does is black out, but not power down.

You should check what's going on in your kernel. I beleive you are not
using "no video driver" in BootX ? (You should not be using that).
Normally, in drivers/video/atyfb, there should be some code for handling
backlight in the screen blanking function.
Is your kernel compiled with the option for PowerBook support ?

--
           Perso. e-mail: <mailto:bh40@calva.net>
           Work   e-mail: <mailto:benh@mipsys.com>