Re: Got xmcd running

Jeramy B Smith writes:
 > Consider funtional sound on Apple equipment a black art for now.

I finally figured out what was going on with the mixer packages (at
  least with wmmixer)

  -- the master volume control seems to be for the external audio jack
  -- the speaker control is for the internal speaker
  -- there is no intelligent auto-mute of the internal speakers when
     the external audio jack is in use, one must manually turn off the
     speaker volume and adjust the external volume.  (I'd incorrectly
     assumed that speaker muting was effected at the hardware level.)

There are still some quirks, such as a volume control that seems to
work in inverse to the regular volume control..  but sound otherwise
works fine with the above considerations.

Later,
John