Re: Got xmcd running

A couple weeks ago, it was discovered that the DMA driver for PowerMacs
wasn't fully OSS compatible. Programs that use the calls which are missing
will seem to not function properly. I saw that there were some updates to
the driver in recent kernels but I'm not sure what the "fixes" were.
Consider funtional sound on Apple equipment a black art for now. I guess
there are so many other important things to work on, sound comes low on the
priority list.