Glibc2.1 and *LyX* (WAS Re: Glibc2.1 and Netscape)

Hi, everyone--

On 26-May-99 at 10:56 PM -0500 Derek posted instructions for getting
Netscape to run using old libraries under glibc2.1 (debian and pre-R5).
(Derek's full message attached at end of this message.)

Netscape now works in the current debian-powerpc! It's nice.

The only other application I've missed while running debian (I haven't
tried pre-R5) is LyX, which doesn't run because of its dependence on
XForms. AFAIK, XForms for glibc2.1 is still not available. (If I'm wrong,
please tell me.)

Q: Why not use Derek and Mark's Netscape workaround to run LyX
   under Debian/pre-R5, too?

A: I tried their workaround with my LinuxPPC R4-built LyX, and it
   works! I haven't hit any gotchas with Netscape or LyX running
   under debian yet.

Just thought I'd share my excitement.  ;-)

Mike

---( forwarded message follows )-----------------------------