Assorted bugs

I've finally gotten around to moving my day-to-day PowerPC Linux environment
over to Debian.  Although it's sort of working, I'm running into lots of
problems.  Any insight as to what's going on would be appreciated.  I'm also
unsure how to deal with reporting these, since almost all of them are clearly
platform-specific.  It seems like the standard bug report form needs a field
for the platform, now that there are so many different ones.

I'm using Sven's X packages of January 20 (3.3.3.1-0.2), downloaded from
sunsite.auc.dk (thanks, Sven!).

I'm not running on my Debian PowerPC setup at the moment, so some of these are
less detailed than I'd like, but (some of) the things I've run into are:

--In X, the backspace key doesn't work in emacs--just produces a beep.
--ssh postinst dies with a missing symbol in libgmp2.
--netscape dependencies are seriously broken.  All of the netscape packages
depend on nonexistent "netscape-base" packages.  There's a package in contrib
whose name is close, but not right.
--After running fix961212 on my existing netscape (4.08), it runs, but dies
with a Bus Error very quickly--all I have to do to kill it is try to open the
preferences dialog.  I have managed to get the old unfixed netscape working by
using chroot, but that's an enormous pain.  Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH doesn't
seem to be sufficient.  The fixed netscape still wants libstdc++.so.2.8.0.
Could that be part of the problem, and is there a way to fix that?
--rlogind doesn't work, complains "out of ptys".
--xlib6g-static won't install because of a dependency problem (sorry, don't
remember more detail on that one).

It's very close--as soon as I get sshd working I can drop the old RPM world
forever.

-Randy