Re: Xfree 3.3.3.1

On Thu, Jan 21, 1999 at 03:17:15AM +0200, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>
> > I probably don't need to say this, but I'll do it anyway: this is great
> > of course, as long as those patches and fixes are send back the Branden
> > again.
>
> Yes, of course, that was what I meant.

Hello, ...

i have packaged the 3.3.3.1 Xfree, because :

the current Xfree don't worked for me, i was not even able to compile it from
source, and since i crashed my linux partition, i had no more X, and i needed
it.

also X 3.3.3 was out since novemember or december, and 3.3.3.1 just came out a
few days ago. And since all this time, no new X has come out.

also the latest X compile fine for ppc, what was not the case of previous
versions of X, so i think at least we would need it.

so i compiled this stuff, and will now upload it somewhere. since today i
finally have a signed version of the changes file.

where should i put them (together with their source) in experimental ? in
potato ? someplace else ?

i was reluctant to put them in potato, because others reported them as not
working on powermac (most of the debianppc users are powermac users those days)
but it seems to be ok. also what will happen to the old X source if i upload
the new one that i made ?

also i made a package with a dotted debian version, as it is said somewhere is
hould do, so Branden can take my diff's check them, make all the changes he
see's necessary, and then upload a true package. I think that by making this
package.

that said, i don't think i feel like my name appearing on slashdot or
elsewhere, i just made some minor work on X ...

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER