AV1710, mikmod

Hallo,

  Back in the day (linuxppc w/ 2.1.24), I could control the volume on my
AppleVision 1710 monitor using the buttons on the front. It didn't give me a
nifty graphical display, but at least I could control it. Does anyone know
what happened between then and now (debian w/ vger) that might have stopped
it working?
  Also, what is the easiest way to go about figuring out what commands and

  My other question was - has anyone gotten mikmod compiled on glibc2
powerpc? I would really like this. I assume there is just some endianness
problem.

Oh, and I highly recommend that you all get aalib and bb. BB didn't compile
out of the box for me - some stupid 'i386-only' setting in the package. It
did, however, work fine when I configured and compiled manually. on the
console, use -driver curses. You might want the nice the process. For those
of you who don't know what bb is, it's a demo from a group out of the czech
republic... and it's amazing.

Thanks!

Peter

--