Re: X startup hang

Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Sven LUTHER wrote:
>

> > it worked for Konstantinos though, and i guess he has some kind of
> > powermac ...
>
> As a matter of fact, I had downloaded the packages and installed them, but
> I didn't run it. As it is I am getting the exact same message. Off to the
> HOWTOs then... There is a temporary remedy however, just install the older
> xserver-fbdev and things are alright until we fix this.

Well, it's actually a FAQ, I just looked at it, but it's pretty PC oriented...

Anyway, Signal 11 is a segmentation fault, which really suggests it's a glibc
problem - do you both (Manuel and Konstantinos) have the latest version? I
have 2.0.100.

Michel

--
Why drink & drive when you can smoke and fly?
Michel Daenzer			          ///	        mdaenzer@earthling.net