Re: Xfree 3.3.3.1

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Just to defend Branden: he has been doing great work on reorganizing the
> X packages. They are now much more modular and install easier. X being
> the huge monster that it is introduced a bunch of weird errors that have
> to be fixed before we can release slink. And that is were all of
> Brandens time has been going: making sure that we have X packages in
> slink that work good, for everyone.
>
> As a result he hasn't been able to package 3.3.3(.1) yet. Now that the X
> packages for slink are allmost ready he should be able to work on that
> pretty soon. But remember that a lot of things have changed in the
> sources, which means that he will have to check each patch again to see
> if it's still working or necessary. That will take time.

Well, I don't deny the cause of the delay. Still I should think that when
something takes too long then one should move forward and deal with the
new package. I mean perhaps many of the problems would go away with 3.3.3.
And don't forget that perhaps there is a danger that by the time he is
finished with 3.3.3, 3.3.4 (or 3.4 or whatever) is out and we are in the
same position.

Konstantinos Margaritis
kmargar@cc.uoa.gr