Re: Xfree 3.3.3.1

Previously Sven LUTHER wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 19, 1999 at 01:44:13AM +0200, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
> > Not to offend anyone -again... I think I have that tendency after all- but
> > you created them so quickly, while there have been 2 months since 3.3.3
> > has been released and no official debian packaged has even appeared in the
> > experimental area. I really am curious.

Just to defend Branden: he has been doing great work on reorganizing the
X packages. They are now much more modular and install easier. X being
the huge monster that it is introduced a bunch of weird errors that have
to be fixed before we can release slink. And that is were all of
Brandens time has been going: making sure that we have X packages in
slink that work good, for everyone.

As a result he hasn't been able to package 3.3.3(.1) yet. Now that the X
packages for slink are allmost ready he should be able to work on that
pretty soon. But remember that a lot of things have changed in the
sources, which means that he will have to check each patch again to see
if it's still working or necessary. That will take time.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl