Re: Xfree 3.3.3.1

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Sven LUTHER wrote:

> Hello, ...
>
> i have done some unofficial xfree 3.3.3.1 debian packages for powerpc.

GREAT!

> all is not yet perfect, and i have to work more on them so that they become acceptable for debian, but in the
> meantime, if someone is interrested, i can upload them somewhere, just don't know where i can put them, is
> there some experimental place where they can go ? they are signed with my @debian.org id, but this one is not
> yet in the debian keyring.
>
> i did this, because after my partition crash most stuff got installed cleanly, but X refused to work, and iu
> was not able to build X 3.3.2.3a-8.1 from the source packages, so i just applied the diffs to my 3.3.3.1 tree,
> and corrected most patches. THere is one file i am not very sure of, it is
> programs/Xserev/.../XConfig/xf86config.c ort so. will have to check it with more time.

I really have to thank you about this as my X setup is far from feeling
whole or stable, and till now I waited for an official X debian release.
Even an unofficial will do, if it works.
Not to offend anyone -again... I think I have that tendency after all- but
you created them so quickly, while there have been 2 months since 3.3.3
has been released and no official debian packaged has even appeared in the
experimental area. I really am curious.

> ok then tell me where i can put them, so people can try them, and i can fine tune some more stuff.

How much disk space is required? I can afford about 30MBs on my space at
the university temporary , but there is the issue of transfering them of
course.

Konstantinos Margaritis
kmargar@cc.uoa.gr