Re: glib 1.1.12, gtk1.1.12 for debian/ppc

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Michel [iso-8859-1] Dänzer wrote:

> On what machine and using what kernel did you have those problems? I
> downloaded the 1.1.1 release source, and it built w/o problems on my 603e
> Amiga.

well, it is a 603e based umax c500, with 2.1.131 kernel, but I downloaded
the debian src distribution -with diffs and all that- and that failed.
Maybe there is a debian patch that has some bug :)

> > If there is a compiler error in compare, something is SERIOUSLY wrong.
> > If something is seriously wrong with egcs 1.1.1 on powerpc, I will not
> > fix it.  I'll upload a snapshot of pre-1.2 instead.  Those are
> > extroardinarily improved over our last batch of compiler troubles...
>
> Goody :)
> Seems like 1.1.1 didn't fix (m)any bugs in 1.1.1-pre; at least qt-1.42 is
> working now - without optimizations...

Well, I built qt1.42 with full optimizations, and it works fine. Unless
you're talking about the infamous text-selection bug that is still
there...

Konstantinos Margaritis
kmargar@cc.uoa.gr