Re: glib 1.1.12, gtk1.1.12 for debian/ppc

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> If there is a compiler error in compare, something is SERIOUSLY wrong.
> If something is seriously wrong with egcs 1.1.1 on powerpc, I will not
> fix it.  I'll upload a snapshot of pre-1.2 instead.  Those are
> extroardinarily improved over our last batch of compiler troubles...

Well, perhaps, it should be better to have a pre1.2 egcs version. My main
reason for wanting 1.1.1, was that kdebase fails to compile, and it looked
like a C++ compiler error, something to do with g++ strictness and all
that, and I heard that 1.1.1 had some fixes over 1.1 in c++. If we can
have something even better than this, then by all means please upload
pre1.2. It would save me a lot of time debugging 1.1.1, and around 350 MBs
of disk space, not to mention cpu time!

Konstantinos Margaritis
kmargar@cc.uoa.gr